What do you think the dilemma – well actually it’s not only two-faced, so it would be more appropriate to call it an nlemma – of web-development of today is? Which of the following?
- Having to write at least three different languages which span two execution-cycles
- The strange security model on browsers that you have to program around (no client-side state)
- Keeping in mind the quirks of at least 5 major browsers
- Explicit separation of client and server
- Expressiveness of application state, i.e. navigation-history and bookmark-ability
- The web-server and session-keeping
I think it is all of them, which is what this series is about.